Tobacco-Free CNY (TFCNY) is a program administered by the Onondaga County Health Department that serves Onondaga, Oswego and Cayuga Counties.
Tobacco-Free CNY works to:
- Reduce the negative impact of tobacco product and e-cigarette marketing and price promotions on youth and adults at the point of sale.
- Increase the number of local laws and voluntary policies that prohibit tobacco use, including e-cigarettes, in outdoor areas.
- Decrease secondhand smoke exposure in multi-unit housing, with an emphasis on policies that protect the health of low-income residents.
- Promote policies that reduce tobacco use imagery in youth-rated movies, and on the Internet and social media.
- Support CNY residents who want to live healthy, tobacco-free lives.